We expect you to be honest, kind and respectful to each other. We do not tolerate bullying, harassment, hate speech and all other forms of abuse. We are all here to have fun and make friends!
All Pals are introduced through Skype or FaceTime, using their email addresses. Make sure you are comfortable before sharing your number and/or becoming friends on social media.
We encourage positive connections through social media, but remember you can always report and/or block someone if you are uncomfortable with how they are behaving.
Do not send money to or share your bank details with your Pal if they ask. Please report to us if this happens.
If you are:
Please contact us straight away through email or Skype at email@example.com. We will investigate the matter and take necessary actions.
Personal data is information unique to you, such as your name, date of birth etc.
How we look after your information
These are the basic guidelines we use to look after your personal data.
· We maintain secure systems to protect your personal information
· We will update your information or preferences promptly when you ask us to
· We will respond fully to requests from you to see the information that we hold on you.
· We will not hold your personal information for longer than is necessary for our legitimate business purposes
How we use your information
We use your information to help us provide and improve our services for you. We may use your information in the following ways:
· to provide you with the Sign Pals matching service
· to share your Skype/FaceTime contact details with your matched Pal
· to check your identity
· to check your eligibility where appropriate
· to update our records with any new information you give us
· to notify you if we will be unable to provide a service
· for research and analysis so we can develop and improve our services for your benefit
· to comply with legal requirements
· to safeguard users of our services
Your rights to manage your personal data
At any time you may:
· ask us to change or update your personal information, if you think it is out of date or inaccurate
· request to see what personal information we hold on you (this is known as a Subject Access Request)
· ask us to delete your personal information (we will do this if there are no legal requirements for us to keep the information)
· withdraw your consent for us to process your data, if we are relying on your consent to do this
Please email in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any requests or queries regarding data protection.
Copyright © 2020 All Rights Reserved – Sign Pals CIC Registered in England No. 12556944